Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Co-workers are evil

I think we all have that one evil co-worker. Let's call mine "Lisa". Yes, that seems like a good name. For a number of years, "Lisa" has put ideas into my head to see what will pop out later. She quickly realized that she could mention something in passing, and later I'd come back with solutions to make that happen. My husband uses the same tactic, and yes, he's evil as well.

A few weeks back, "Lisa" mentioned Ezra Pound Cake. She told me how she found this great cooking blog and how she was addicted to reading it on her crackberry during her commute. And no worries folks, she takes the vanpool, so she's not reading and driving! She's evil, but she's not insane.

The next day she emailed me a link, and at first I ignored it, much as I often ignored her subtle hints of things she'd like to see done to our system. But the idea of a good cooking blog that was both funny and full of great recipes ate away at the back of my brain, the same way her passing comments on ideas for system did. Eventually I broke down, and I looked. Oh my, the goodness.

And it did not stop there. Ezra Pound Cake is part of the Tuesdays With Dorie blog. I was completely sucked in. I needed to get my hands on that cookbook. There were so many great looking recipes. I wanted to try them all. Thus began the threat of being cut off the internet from the husband.

The trick became justifying purchasing another cookbook. Baking: From My Home to Yours looked so amazing. So I decided to check it out from the library and try out a few recipes to tempt Sean into letting me purchase it. The first recipe was Chocolate Malted Whopper Drops. And Ezra says they are better after a few days. I'm not sure we'll ever know in  my house, I don't think they'll last that long. Lucy helped me make the cookies after school today, and the child was covered in cookie dough from licking the paddle. She could hardly wait until they were done baking to have one. I kept hear, Me Like, Me Like. Yea, I got it.

And Sean seems very interested in a number of the recipes from this cookbook, so I may soon own a copy. Wish me luck. And that evil co-worker. I'm not sure yet if I'm giving her a cookie and admitting that once again she can work her evil upon me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had no idea I had such power :-) But look at the results! Now we all benefit.

    Sean: sorry.

    - "Lisa"

    ReplyDelete